canada africa partner reservation Florida home damaged by cigarette fire

Florida home damaged by cigarette fire

0 Comments


Fire officials say an improperly discarded cigarette was responsible for a house fire in Daytona Beach on Saturday.

The Daytona Beach Fire Department conducted a rapid attack on the fire and extinguished it, which contained the fire to the area where the fire originated, the Daytona Beach Fire Department said.

No injuries have been reported.

“The cause was determined to be an improperly discarded cigarette,” according to a Facebook post from the fire department.

The Daytona Beach Fire Department said smoking caused 7,800 fires in 2021. Smoking-related home fires killed 275 people and injured 750 others. Losses totaled $361.5 million, officials said.

Cigarette users should make sure their cigarettes are completely out when they throw them away, stay alert, never smoke in bed and dispose of cigarettes in ashtrays or sand buckets, fire officials said.